susan bar earrings
- orders over $95 ship free!
- 3-5 day shipping from the usa! 🇺🇸
Complete the Look
When it comes to earrings, we have a motto: simple, but not boring! These bar earrings are perfect for everyday wear and pair well with other studs in your ear stack!
- .25” long
- Stainless steel
This product was named after Susan La Flesche Picotte.
Susan La Flesche Picotte was the first Native American woman to receive a medical degree in the 1880s, and the first person to receive financial aid for a professional education. From a young age, she recognized the lack of health care in her Omaha tribe. “It has always been a desire of mine to study medicine ever since I was a small girl,” she wrote, “for even then I saw the need of my people for a good physician.” At the time, not only was it difficult for a woman to be a physician, but it was unprecedented for a Native American woman to become one. She continued to shatter stereotypes her entire life, dedicating her life to serving her tribe, her children, and all people.
“I am a dreamer who dreams, sees visions, and listens always to the still, small voice. I am a trail-blazer.” - Susan La Flesche Picotte
All orders ship from our warehouse in Utah, USA 🇺🇸
Average arrival time in the U.S. is 4 business days from the date you place the order.
Orders take 1-2 business days to process and 3-5 business days to arrive.
See below for more details on Shipping 👇🏼
All orders under $95 are subject to a flat rate shipping charge of $8.95 in the USA. Orders over $95 ship free! *happy dance*
We are dedicated to processing your order as quickly as possible! Please see the “Shipping Rates + Times” section for approximate shipping times.
Once your items are shipped, you'll receive an email or text message confirmation, including your tracking number. Within this email, you'll receive a link to your order status page, giving you additional details on tracking and delivery milestones.
Please double check your shipping address before placing your order. We are unable to edit your shipping address after the order is placed.
Shipping Rates + Times
When you order more than $95 at a time, free shipping is automatically applied at checkout. Shipping times are the same as that of the rate for standard shipping.
Standard Flat Rate Shipping:
- $8.95 (free over $95)
- Pack and ship in 3-5 business days
- Arrival within 4-12 business days
Expedited Flat Rate Shipping:
- Pack and ship in 1 business day
- Arrival within 3-4 business days
- Shipping times vary based on the option selected at checkout. Overnight orders must be placed by 12 pm mdt in order to be shipped and delivered overnight.
Shipping Protection at Checkout
modern+chic is not responsible for lost or stolen packages. You can protect your order by adding protection at checkout for $0.98. In the case that your package is lost, stolen, or damaged and insurance was purchased, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a replacement. Replacements will be arranged 14 days after confirmation of delivery. A mis-delivery can often resolve itself in this time frame.
Shipping + Delivery Notifications
When your items have been delivered, you'll receive a notification to confirm. This is an automated message passed on to us and then to you from the courier.
If you received a delivery confirmation, but do not have your items, please don't panic! Sometimes the couriers may mark your delivery as completed, while the item is still on the truck.
Here's a list of common reasons you may have gotten a delivery confirmation without having your items in hand:
1) The courier may have tried to deliver your package(s), but was unable to leave them in a safe spot. In this case, they will either notify you with instructions on how to get your package, or most likely will try to deliver it again the following day.
2) Your package could have been delivered to a neighbor - please check with them to see if anyone has received your shipment by accident.
3) Your package may have been stolen from your porch or mailbox. While we maintain that we aren't responsible for stolen packages, we want to help in any way we can! Oftentimes we can reach out to the courier to help us make reparations for stolen or lost packages.
International shipping is not currently offered. For wholesale orders that need to be shipped internationally, please contact us before ordering.